This will not do.
Glitter! That’s the theme of my posts this month. And if there’s anything my glitterific experience over the past few weeks has taught me, it’s that I love sparkle but I hate scraping that gunk off of my nails.
You know… that skin crawling feeling of a cotton ball rubbing against sharp glitter, the cotton getting caught on the specks and blegh dsjknglskdrjnhz;nb cvmmb cxf.bmnxfd n I can’t even type about it. It’s akin to nails on a chalkboard. There’s a joke there. I can’t find it. But you know what I mean.
FRIENDS! There is a simpler way! Read on.
The Foil Method — The Foolproof Way to Give Glitter the Boot When Your Mani Runs Amok
1. Gather your tools. You need acetone, 11 cotton balls, and ten somewhat square pieces of aluminum foil. The foils used for highlights would be purrfect. I just cut some up myself.
2. All you do is douse the cotton ball liberally with acetone, then place the acetone-laden ball on your fingernail. Then you use a piece of foil to wrap up your finger like a poison burrito! Wrap tightly. The foil will help keep the cotton ball right on top of your nail.
Your hand will start to look like this. You're a monster! Doing my right hand was next to impossible because I couldn't bend my fingers on my left hand. You may need a helper.
3. Set a timer for five minutes.
Relax! Let the acetone do its work. I browsed the Internets. You could watch TV, look out the window, awkwardly flip through a magazine... just be careful, since I suppose there's a chance a little acetone could leak out. And we all know what acetone does. It destroys everything. In. Its. Path.
4. Remove the foil from each finger. I gently squeezed the end of my finger then pulled the foil off while pressing. And look! Look at that! Like magic!
5. This is a photo of all my nails after the FPP (foil-press-n-pull). I did have to go over each nail quickly with one more soaked cotton ball, but this was a much simpler, relaxing and faster way to get all that glitter off.
I hope this helps you guys! I had read about this tip online, and this was my first time trying it. It really worked like a charm.